Hello! I’m excited to be making my second post on this blog. I am a figure skater, and I’m always really hungry after practice! I love making these yummy, filling, and good for you granola bars, that I can quickly grab and put in my bag! They are soooo good! Sometimes, I add dried cranberries and chocolate chips to the recipe for a unique variation. Well, I’m sure you’re eager to make these, so I will get on with the recipe!
Chia Raisin Granola Bars
Yield: about 10
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- heaping 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the paper with cooking spray.
- Combine the oats and almond on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes until lightly toasted. (you can sometimes tell by the smell!)Transfer to a large bowl.
- While the oats toast, combine the honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, chia, and salt in a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook until the butter melts and the sugar completely dissolves, stirring occasionally. Pour this mixture over the oats and almonds and add the raisins. Stir to combine
- Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula firmly press the mixture into the pan until it is in a uniform layer. Chill the pan in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- After the granola ha cooled completely, gently lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper as handles. Cut into squares or bars. Store in sandwich size ziplock bags and take on adventures!
Thanks so much for reading my blog! I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you made these with a comment!